Tuesday, March 8, 2011

You're Such a Nerd!

Tonight I am going to count stars!!!! Anyone else excited?  no?  alright then....
But yeah for my observing project I'm going to look at the sky through a tube and count how many stars I see and then do a little magical math.  I am super excited.  I love the stars and space so much.  There's just something about it that makes me so happy every time I'm around something to do with astronomy.  Last friday when we went up to the 4th floor of the ESC (Eyring Science Center) for the star party I was so happy just being near the planetarium and observatory and all the other astronomy classrooms with their posters of the moon and star maps.  I want to be in that world, with people who share my love for all this.  I wish I was further along in the program, then I could live and work around this stuff all the time.  Guess I gotta be patient.

Hey I haven't really talked much about physics lately.  Totally rocked my homework last night!  We just finished the wave unit and now we're talking about light and optics which is basically waves revisited right now.  Later on it won't be, but I'm reveling in the fairly easy work we're doing.  The test for last unit is going on right now and I am studying my little tushy off for it.  I need a much better score on this than my last test.  suffice it to say that I did not pass.  But! I am going to give myself plenty of time, bring snacks, pace myself and double/triple check all my work as well as make sure I actually have everything I need on my note card unlike last time.  I WILL get a good score on this test.  Just watch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment